CENTRIFUGAL SELF PRIMING PUMPS TYPE
Pump type ‘MA’ are
horizontal, centrifugal self priming pumps with built in de-aerating
lateral channel stage. Both suction and delivery branches are vertical so
that liquid remains inside the pump even when the pump is switched off.
This ensures priming of the pump. The rotor of the pump is supported by
antifriction bearings at both ends. These bearings are grease lubricated.
The pumps are provided with stuffing box packing. Depending upon the
application mechanical seal can also be provided.
Pump type ‘MA’ are designed for continuous operation handling only
clear liquid, free from any suspended particles.
Industrial Transfer of liquid containing
air ,gas Marine Refrigeration Fuel Oil Water Work fire fighting Pressure boosting
STANDARD MATERIAL OF
Close grained cast
*Shaft: Stainless steel
Special material of construction also available
- Tolerance on capacity± 10% at rated head
and rated RPM.
- Discharge indicated in the selection chart
applies to water at barometric height of 760 mm mercury and at a temperature
- Power indicated is that absorbed at the pump
shaft when pumping liquids having specific gravity of 1.0 and viscosity of
- Maximum permissible speed is 1800 RPM.
- Direction of rotation is clockwise seeing
from the drive end. Reverse rotation (designated by ‘RR’) also available request.
- Maximum suction lift is 7 meters (including
friction losses) depending upon the duty point. Capacity reduces over 4 meters.
- Before starting, valve on suction side must
be fully opened and valve on discharge side about half opened.
- Before starting, the pump for the first time
it must be filled with liquid to ensure priming.
- No subsequent external priming is necessary.
Back To Product's Page | Back
to Pump's Page